Santa Maria la Blanca, Seville, Spain
Stumbled upon this church in Seville with a nondescript entrance. But wow the interior!
Santa María la Blanca is the only church in Seville which has the remains of three religions. Formerly a mosque, it was made a synagogue on the orders of King Alfonso X in 1252, and was then consecrated as a Christian temple in 1391. Note the impressive plasterwork with geometric and plants motifs, rosettes, angels, cherubs and even a reproduction of the Giralda, which occupies the entire surface of the vaults, dome and intrados of arches.
Image dimensions: 4640 x 3653 pixels